I. For people who return to Vietnam to get married for the first time
- Affidavit of Single Status which is notarized and certified by the State Office
- A Certificate without marriage record (issued by the Civil status agency)
- Marriage registration form
- Health certificate (issued by a doctor)
- A copy of Passport or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) (Note: Passport/Green card must still be valid for use)
II. For those who have ever been married
For those who have ever been married, it is necessary to add the following documents: Court Divorce Decision or Copy of Death Certificate.
III. For those who cannot afford to submit marriage documents by themselves
For those who cannot afford to submit marriage papers by themselves, it is necessary to have the Power of Attorney, which is notarized and certified by the State Office.
When submitting your application at the Vietnam Consulate General in Houston, Texas, please note that:
- You should carefully check all the information in the declaration. You are solely responsible for your testimony before the law.
- The Notarial charge is paid once and non-refundable.
- FEDEX envelope has to be paid and come with the address.